Why a B.S. Degree in Microbiology from Oregon State University?
- A B.S. degree in Microbiology will put you on a successful career path. Three months after graduation, 95% of recent graduates are employed in a microbiology-related field or accepted to a professional program for further education (graduate school or health related professional schools such as medical, dental or pharmacy school).
- Completing a B.S. in Microbiology automatically completes all requirements for a minor in Chemistry.
- An active Microbiology Students Association (MSA) club engages in microbiology-related field trips and fun outreach activities to prospective (K-12) students. A select group of students attends the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) scientific conference to experience the exciting world of international research first-hand.
- A requirement for three upper level Microbiology lab courses, combined with opportunities for experience in research laboratories, results in hands-on expertise that provides an advantage in the job market.
- All Microbiology undergraduate students complete a Capstone Course focused on career readiness and professional skills. Successful transition to the workforce is achieved through resume building, interview skills, career informational interviews, networking, job searches and practicing both hard and soft skills in demand by future employers.